|Although first published under this title in 1992, the book follows on from the late author's earlier work in 'Designing Small Craft'. and contains a wealth of experience from a lifetime as a Naval Architect.
The maths is kept simple and easily managed by anyone with basic arithmetical skills.
It is an excellent primer for the amateur or student designer.
Chapter Headings, -
• Preliminary Sketches and Calculations
• Completing the Preliminary Designs
• Making the Working Drawings (including conic projection)
• Motor Boat Design
• Resistance, Sail Plans and Hull Balance
• Constructional Considerations
• Further Design Considerations